Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 5


Day 5, May 16, 2011:
Yesterday was my fifth day of fasting and it was a little tough sense I was at a family gathering, but I stayed meatless, which was good.  Yesterday the book on fasting that I am reading asked the question, "How has this fast, so far helped you to relate to your heavenly Father?"  One is that I am constantly reminded how weak I am, meaning how weak the flesh is.  Second, that I am starting to realize that sometimes I get in God's way.  Sometimes instead of trying to let things take their course, I feel the need to control, interject or influence the situation somehow.  This fast so far is showing me that I have to say "Yes" to God everyday and every moment.  It has to be that constant, or I stumble.  This fast is showing me how very dependent I am on God and need to be.

Fasting Prayer:
Dear Lord, today I lift up to you the souls of the departed and all the souls in purgatory.  I pray for all those departed souls that have no one here on earth to pray for them.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment